Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Starting Classes!


Lake on campus
We started classes Tuesday and my first class was Buddhism Philosophy, and later on I had Thai language class. They both went well and I think I will really enjoy them! In between classes I had a few hours to chill, so me and a couple of friends went on a walk around a lake on campus, which of course was beautiful! Once we all got out of class we went to a waterfall up a mountain 10 minutes from campus. We were all still in our uniforms for climbing up the waterfall but we made it work! This was really cool and it was a fun journey just getting there. There is temple at the top of the mountain and there are lots of monks and Buddha statues on the way up.   Later that night we went towards the center in the city to check out the nightlife. We all (16 people) crammed into one red taxi… and belted out a wonderful rendition of bohemian rhapsody. It was a lot of fun and we ended up at a place with a lot of westerners, but hopefully soon we can go somewhere local! 

Some snacks on the way to the waterfall. Yum!!

Waterfall
Those of us who made it to the top! The guy who took it asked us if we were in a band because we were still in our school uniforms haha

Traditional Thai dancing
Wednesday I started my day off with Pad Thai which was delicious and only cost $1.3 for a big plate. There is no difference between meals here so I eat Pad Thai for breakfast! My classes were Money and Banking and International Business Management, which weren’t as fun as my other ones but still good!  I took a second trip to the waterfall and it was such a blast! However my feet are killing me and are covered in blisters! That night we had a traditional Thai dinner with everyone in our group.  We tried tons of spicy dishes and watched a traditional Thai performance.  So far I haven’t had anything that was too spicy for me, but I’m sure that will change!

No comments:

Post a Comment